For the last 26 days I’ve been completing various challenges. Yesterday I had to write about something that I wanted to improve in my life, and today I’m writing about something that’s super great. Join in yourself here.
Write about something that’s kicking ass right now.
Orange is the New Black!
I just finished watching Season 3 of Orange is the New Black. With any show that gets a few series out, you start to have discrepancies about what should and shouldn’t have happened, of course. I guess, as viewers, we start thinking we know the characters better than the writers. However, despite my nit-picking – I love this show!
If you haven’t watched it then let me fill you in: It’s about a suburban, middle-class, clean cut woman who ends up in prison for smuggling drugs money. She struggles to survive life behind bars, find her place is a racially-divided hierarchy and hold her life together in the real world.
I love this show because:
– There’s loads of amazing, hilarious female characters.
– The prison has its own brilliant, backwards community.
– There are tonnes of interesting back-stories.
– It’s kindaaaa based on a true story.
– It’s truly bizarre in so many ways.
– There is a character called Crazy Eyes.
– So many of the conversations had are so honest and eye-opening.
– The show presents lesbian relationships in a really interesting way that I’ve never seen in television before.
– No subject is taboo.
– Prison shows are always cool…
I’m definitely not selling it as well as it should be. Basically, it’s great! Give it a watch.