Last week, the finale of Wayward Pines aired and it did not disappoint! It was filled with discoveries, shockers and death – much like an average day of adulthood :| Sure, we could talk about the overarching meaning about life and the future in WP. Or, we could just use it to complain about getting older…
[EXTRA WARNING: SERIOUSLY, LIKE THE WHOLE PLOT SPOILERS]
1. Feeling like you’ve woken up from a car crash even though you only had a couple of drinks the night before.
2. Being adamant that your nurse/boss/gym instructor is trying to kill you, but no one will believe you.
3. Having a boss that is so offensive that you can’t even reply to them. You know that every possible response that you can think of will definitely get you fired.
4. Seeing your ex for the first time and being mind-blown that they look way older. So, they don’t just look like our teenage sweetheart for the rest of their lives!? Huh.
5. Trying to be a grown-up by going for a ‘proper dinner’ at an acquaintances house. Then, freaking out, trying to escape and getting caught.
6. Knowing that everyone is calling each other about something stupid you did. You know what comes next… Facebook reckoning.
7. Reuniting with your family and wondering how you ever lived without them! …Then, five minutes later, getting dropped in it by one of them and remembering exactly how.
8. Being persuaded by someone (possibly a sadistic sheriff) that you can’t do something by yourself. Then proving them wrong by killing them… Or doing something else (slightly less dramatic) to make a point.
9. Getting a promotion and using your new found responsibility to snoop through files… or just abusing your power by claiming more stationary than you should (which is probably what Ethan is actually doing here).
10. Being hypnotised and accidentally joining a cult… Just me?
11. Saving everyone’s lives and no one being there to see it. Or maybe just one person’s life. Or a small pet, at least.
12. Going on a dangerous and irresponsible journey to prove your independence.
13. Discovering something that’s too much to handle; along the lines of ‘being an adult is really hard and I never want to grow up’ or ‘humans have evolved into predatory freaks’.
14. Making friends with someone because they’ve got a really cool vehicle (preferably a helicopter) and then immediately regretting it when they send you to your death… or just screw you over a bit.
15. Deciding to listen to a little music, just to clear your head, but then everything exploding in your face (literally or emotionally).
16. Finding some old videos of your past and getting more emotional than acceptable.
17. Having a cyber battle and getting completely murdered.
18. Seeing someone else getting screwed over by life and feeling guilty for it making you feel better.
19. Sacrificing yourself to save a loved one, usually a best friend in need of your favourite top, even though you really want to wear it. God, you are so selfless.
So, to conclude, Wayward Pines is pretty scary but being a grown-up is way scarier.