Kid’s books a choca full of wise words and great advice. Many of them aren’t preachy or patronising, they’re just true. It can just a simple thought, but children’s writers just have a way of making you see things with fresh eyes. Enjoy my five favourites!
1. One to remind you what true beauty is.
“If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” – The Twits, Roald Dahl
2. One to remind you where friendship can be found.
“It is when we are most lost that we sometimes find our truest friends.” – Snow White, Brothers Grimm
3. One to remind you that you are in control of your life.
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And you are the one who’ll decide where to go.” – Oh, The Places You’ll Go! Dr. Seuss
4. One to remind you that you can always make a difference.
“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Lord of the Rings, J. R. R. Tolkien
5. One to remind you that we’re all pretty lucky.
“To live will be an awfully big adventure.” – Peter Pan, J. M. Barrie